Last updated: Dec 11, 2022
These FerrumGate Community Terms (“Terms”) govern the access to and use of FerrumGate’s community and any other online community property operated by FerrumLabs Cybersecurity. (“FerrumGate”) that references these Terms (“Community”). To access and use a Community, you must agree to these terms with FerrumGate.
Please note that a Community is separate to FerrumGate’s other products and services. These Terms only apply to Communities and do not apply to FerrumGate’s other products and services.
1. Permission. Your participation and membership in a Community is subject to FerrumGate’s prior approval and these Terms. Approval is at FerrumGate’s sole discretion. You must be at least 18 years old to use a Community.
2. Acceptable Use. Your use of a Community is subject to your compliance with the following rules. You may not:
(a) use a Community to commit an unlawful activity or violate the law;
(b) impersonate others through a Community;
(c) falsely imply that you’re affiliated with or endorsed by FerrumGate;
(d) use or attempt to use another individual’s account on a Community - without their specific permission;
(e) disable, avoid, or circumvent any security or access restrictions of a Community;
(f) misuse a Community by attempting to access it using a method other than through the interfaces and instructions FerrumGate provides (including by using automated systems not authorized by FerrumGate to extract or scrape data from a Community);
(g) strain infrastructure of a Community with an unreasonable volume of requests or messages, or requests or messages designed to impose an unreasonable load on information systems underlying a Community;
(h) harass, abuse, or threaten other Community members;
(i) use a Community to infringe the intellectual property rights of others;
(j) remove any marks showing proprietary ownership from materials you download from a Community without the permission of the owner; or
(k) encourage or help anyone to breach these Terms.
3. Content Restrictions. Your use of a Community is subject to your compliance with the following rules. You may not:
(a) transmit any viruses, malware, or other types of malicious software, or links to such software, to or through a Community;
(b) submit any content that contains intentionally false, inaccurate, or - deceptive information that is likely to cause harm;
(c) submit any content that is illegal, infringes anyone’s intellectual property rights, violates anyone’s privacy, or breaches a contractual obligation you have to a third party;
(d) disclose any information you don’t have the right to disclose, such as others’ confidential and personal data;
(e) send advertisements, chain letters, or other solicitations through a Community, or use a Community to gather email addresses or other personal data for mailing lists, databases or commercial purposes;
(f) promote any illegal activity; or
(g) submit content that is illegal, offensive, or otherwise harmful to others. This includes content that is harassing, inappropriate, or abusive.
4. Community Rules. Your use of FerrumGate’s Community is subject to your compliance with the following additional requirements. You may not:
(a) not use the community to generate leads or conduct sales activities; or
(b) contact another member of the community to solicit business from them without their explicit permission.
5. Enforcement. FerrumGate may investigate and prosecute violations of these Terms to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law. FerrumGate may notify and cooperate with law enforcement authorities in relation to violations of the law and breaches of these Terms. Your access to a Community may be terminated by FerrumGate with or without notice at any time and for any reason. FerrumGate may edit, redact, or delete content on any Community for any reason.
6. Your Account. You agree to keep your account access credentials secure and not to share them with third parties. You agree to be responsible for all actions taken using your account, whether authorized by you or not. You will notify FerrumGate immediately if you discover or suspect your account has been compromised.
7. Your Content. Nothing in these terms gives FerrumGate any ownership rights in intellectual property that you share with a Community, such as your posts, or other content you submit to the Community. Nothing in these Terms gives you any ownership rights in FerrumGate’s intellectual property.
Between you and FerrumGate, you remain solely responsible for content you submit to a Community. You agree not to wrongly imply that content you submit to a Community is sponsored or approved by FerrumGate. These Terms do not require FerrumGate to store, maintain, or provide copies of content you submit.
Content you submit to a Community belongs to you, and you decide what permission to give others for it. But at a minimum, you license FerrumGate to provide content that you submit to a Community to other members of the Community and to use the content in accordance with the Community Privacy Notice. That limited license allows FerrumGate to copy, publish, and analyze content you submit to a Community. Others who receive content you submit to a Community may violate the terms on which you license your content. You agree that FerrumGate will not be liable to you for those violations or their consequences.
8. Your Responsibility. You indemnify FerrumGate from any third party legal claims related to your breach of these Terms or breach of these Terms by others using your account in a Community. Both you and FerrumGate agree to notify the other side of any legal claims for which you might have to indemnify FerrumGate as soon as possible. If FerrumGate fails to notify you of a legal claim promptly, you won’t have to indemnify FerrumGate for damages that you could have defended against or mitigated with prompt notice. You agree to allow FerrumGate to control investigation, defense, and settlement of legal claims for which you would have to indemnify FerrumGate, and to cooperate with those efforts. FerrumGate agrees not to agree to any settlement that admits fault for you or imposes obligations on you without your prior agreement.
9. Disclaimers. You accept all the risk of using a Community and any content accessible in or through a Community. As far as applicable law allows, FerrumGate and its suppliers provide each Community as-is, without any warranty whatsoever. A community may hyperlink to and integrate forums, channels, and services run by others. FerrumGate does not make any warranty about services run by others, or content they may provide. Use of services run by others may be governed by other terms between you and the third party service provider. You acknowledge that FerrumGate does not endorse and is not responsible for any content shared by any Community members.
10. Liability Limitations. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, in no event will FerrumGate or its affiliates and supplies be liable to you under or in connection with these Terms for: (a) any indirect, consequential, special, incidental, punitive or exemplary damages, under any theory of law, including tort; or (b) loss of or damage to: (i) business, (ii) savings, (iii) revenues, or (iv) profits (in each case whether direct or indirect), even if the party knew or should have known that such damages were possible, and even if a remedy fails of its essential purpose. To the extent permitted by applicable law, the total liability to you for claims of any kind that are related to a Community will be limited to U.S.$1.
11. Feedback. You agree that FerrumGate will be free to act on feedback and suggestions you provide, and that FerrumGate won’t have to notify you that your feedback was used, get your permission to use it, or pay you. You agree not to submit to FerrumGate feedback or suggestions that you believe might be confidential or proprietary, to you or others.
12. Disputes. Law will govern any dispute related to these terms or your use of a Community. Except if prohibited by applicable law, in relation to any legal action or proceedings to enforce these Terms or arising out of or in connection with these Terms, each party irrevocably submits to the exclusive venue. You will settle any dispute as an individual, and not as part of a class action or other representative proceeding, whether as the plaintiff or a class member.
13. Changes. FerrumGate may update these Terms from time to time by posting the changes at this location. For updates that contain substantial changes, FerrumGate will notify you, such as by posting a message on a Community. Once you are notified of an update to these Terms, you must agree to the new terms in order to keep using a Community, and your continued use of a Community is deemed to constitute your acceptance of the new terms.
14. General. If a provision of these Terms is unenforceable as written, but could be changed to make it enforceable, that provision should be modified to the minimum extent necessary to make it enforceable. Otherwise, that provision should be removed. A party’s failure or delay to enforce a provision under these Terms is not a waiver of its right to do so later. These Terms constitute the entire agreement between you and FerrumGate concerning its subject matter, and it supersede any other prior or contemporaneous agreements or terms, written or oral.
You may notify FerrumGate under these Terms, and send questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. FerrumGate may notify you under these Terms using the e-mail address you provide for your account, or by posting a message on a Community.